Nursing Home Negligence
Most nursing homes and their employees are conscientious and professional. Unfortunately, not all are. When we get older and need additional care, we are at the mercy of individuals and entities that may not be so conscientious. Contact a Daytona Beach, Florida, nursing home abuse lawyer at Pappas & Russell
A frequent factor in neglect and abuse at nursing homes is the quality and availability of staff. Most nursing homes are businesses, and labor costs top the list of business expenses. Facilities should have enough staff to care for all residents, but some do not. All staff should have background checks and should have incentives to do good jobs, namely for adequate pay.
Nursing home injuries can be generally divided into those caused by neglect and those that constitute deliberate abuse.
If the facility does not have adequate staff, residents are not looked after and checked on. Among the results are:
- Bed sores
- Weight loss due to malnutrition
- Bruises and unexplained injuries
- Slips-and-falls due to unsafe conditions
- Poor hygiene
- Falls and fractures
- Dehydration, infections and sepsis
- Under- or overdosing of medications
These businesses have a duty to hire appropriate nurses, aids and other staff. The facilities exist to care for residents, and staff should remember their duty of care. Sadly, rare individuals commit acts involving:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial or material exploitation
- Failing to prevent attacks by other patients
- Theft of personal property
- Failure to allow communication
- Illegal restraints
- Fighting for Fairness, Justice and Equality
Sadly, many residents suffer elder abuse and neglect in silence — they are either not fully aware of what is happening to them or too afraid to speak up. If your loved one has suffered abuse or negligence in a nursing home, you need to take action.
The attorneys of Pappas & Russell, are advocates for victims of nursing home abuse and negligence.
How Can We Help !
- We also accept cases involving boating injuries and airplane accidents.
- To schedule a free consultation with one of our auto accident attorneys, please contact us today.
- No matter what type of vehicle you were in when your accident occurred.
- Pappas & Russell, wants to help you get the medical care and compensation you need to rebuild your life.
- Free Consultation with a Lawyer